Illustrator | Designer | Painter from the Heart | Storyteller
Karen Curran has been a graphic designer, typographer and illustrator for business clients all her adult life, however after serious illness in 2015-2016 she discovered that at the heart of her was a creative painter. Karen wrote and illustrated her first inspirational book, 'Beyond the Red Shoes' in 2016.
Now her time is divided between her design clients and her love of painting and storytelling through her art, restoring her creative life. Karen's artworks have a spiritual base.
Karen resides in the Blue Mountains NSW Australia with her husband and their animals - currently two former rescue cats - who tend to rule the roost. Her interests including art, music, dance, spiritual healing.
Her passion is to make a difference and to inspire hope and bless others through her paintings and art services.
COMING: Art Workshops - actual and online
Karen hopes to re-start offering Art Workshops in 2017-18 depending on the level of interest. If you are interested in being on a mail list, please email here.
Currently studying CECAT Diploma in Art Therapy (with a focus on Art Therapy With Trauma Victims)
Art Therapy subjects include: ~ Theories & Techniques and Clinical Art Therapy, Psychopathology, ~ Through the Life Span, ~ & Spiritual Growth, Child & Family ~ and much more.
Qualifications, Awards and Studies - 1976 to 2016
- Diploma in Visual Art - Graphic Arts Reproduction, Typography and Visual Communication - School of Visual Art, East Sydney
- Life Drawing Studies
- My Business Award for Solopreneur
- BMI TAFE Adult Teaching Certificate
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Various Workshops including Simon Sinek 'Start With Why'
- Shamanic Studies - Embodied Shamanism
- Healing with the Arts short course by University of Florida, Coursera 2017
Practice - Dec 1974 to current
- Worked as graphic artist for: Dalley Middleton & Moore (aka Dalleys), KVB Visual Concepts, EMI Records, Murray Publishers, Yellow Pages, Thomas Marsden Advertising
- Operated Children's Painting Workshops
- Own design studio solo since 1987 - design, illustration, typography for both private and corporate clients in all kinds of fields
- Teacher online Graphic Design School
- TAFE Design Teacher part time for 17 years (subjects included design, layout, illustration, typography, life drawing, computer skills, studio practice and more)
As a resident of the beautiful Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
I acknowledge the Darug and the Gundungurra Nations as the traditional custodians of this land.
Professional member of
Supporting self sufficiency through